So here's my life lately. Some mornings I get up and do preschool stuff or start cleaning up the 2 weeks worth of mess that accumulated, while Lucy's napping. I tend to make the mistake of leaving little Miss Gracie to play by herself. She usually does pretty good to sit and do puzzles or look at books, but I guess that ship has sailed. She now goes by the name Miss Mascara. Yes. One of these choice mornings (Andy's birthday when I was trying to clean the house) I found Gracie covered in my mascara and my lip gloss covered in fur. Poor kitties got makeovers as well I'm afraid. She certainly thought she looked beautiful. It's still amazing to me how I can be so boiling mad and have such a hard time keeping myself from laughing hysterically at the same time. My make-up bag was obviously discovered and still find smudges of it all over my house.
Lucy is a little angel baby still and is now starting to enjoy rice cereal, when I think of it. I'm certainly having a hard time adjusting from only having to give her a bottle (that takes about 10 minutes) to having to actually feed her mushy, messy food (that take about 50 minutes). But it's sure cute to watch her suck it up like it's a bottle.
My big project, as of late, has been getting my backyard flower beds in. Why do we do this to ourselves I wonder. Yes they look pretty but only about $500 bucks, 100 hours of hard labor, and many years later. I just hope my plants don't all up and die after the mild hail storm we had about 5 minutes ago. I think I jumped the gun.
I'm looking forward to the day that this picture of Gracie gardening will actually be what it looks like. Her favorite thing about going outside is going inside. She's always asking me to go outside so that she can go in and out for hours. I think we need a swing set or something.
But as for the flower beds... they look much better than dirt and weeds but it baffles me that I still need more stuff for back there! AND I haven't even hardly touched the front yet this year! It's a crazy world when you have to pay money for plants to put in place of plants that grew for free and are for sure going to survive (because they were so difficult to get out in the first place). Maybe it's vanity or maybe it's therapy or maybe it's just cause that's what you're supposed to do.
For all my complaining though, I have to say I am so blessed. I love these people so much. They are my every joy and my every thought and my every pain and my everything. I truly hope I live up to their every need and that I can set an example for them that they will want to follow and that they will be able to rely on; as I do on my wonderful parents'. Parenthood is the greatest. And being parented was sure great too. I hope my kids will think so one day. Thanks mom and dad!
Thanks my darling one in a million family!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
How to be Busy and Accomplish... ???
Posted by G-Dawg and the Fam at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Oh ging-
Gracie looks adorable! I love the mascara. Seriously though isn't it fun to be a mom. You just never know what you are going to find. I bet your yard looks great! I have to give it to you i am so not good at that sort of stuff.
Hey Ginger! Its been forever! Your girls are darling! How are you? I found your blog through Kim's and hers through Heidi's. Hope to hear back from you! Check my blog out, scottkarapaul.blogspot.com
Kara
Cute pictures! I love that she has already discovered your makeup. The fun is just beginning!
That's a sweet compliment to your parents. You have wonderful parents. I have always admired the two of them. I think you're a great Mom. I love that top picture. That's one of those you'll have to embaress her with when she gets older.
So cute. I know the love hate relationship of doing flowers, luckily I have some good perennials coming in every year now so things don't look so bare.
Ginger your Gracie sounds just like my Porter. You never know what will be the next thing they find to get into. I still think she is the cutest thing ever. I would love a little girl just like her!
I didn't hear about the mascara! That is absolutely hilarious. I love seeing the before picture of the flower beds. (Behind Gracie) You can really tell how much work you've put into it. By the way, do it because you love it, or it will never be worth it. Just love what it looks like now because it looks amazing.
Ginger,
You blogs always make me chuckle right out loud!
OXOXO Aunt Shauna
P.S. Your girls are darling
Post a Comment