CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

What Was I Thinking?!




So as you can see we are potty training. Gracie is sporting the fancy vinyl pants that don't do jack- other than give you another piece of clothing to clean!
I thought she was ready because she kept removing her diaper and going on the floor. But turns out that I was not so ready! I feel like I'm losing my mind! She is doing very well and has only had 3 accidents in 2 days. She's pretty cute too cause if she sees anyone else go she says, "Oh! Good Job!". I just don't love this whole business. I should've waited until she was 6 and could figure it out herself. I guess having 2 in diapers isn't so bad after all!
Here's Lucy thinking we're all messed up.

If anyone has any pointers on how to SPEED this process up- Please Let Me Know!

6 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

I wish I had some pointers, but I don't. In fact I stink at potty training. It's not always a bad thing to have them in diapers, especially when you go out to the movies and they have to go to the bathroom like 5 times. Yep happened to me the other day. Good luck!

jimnjennie said...

The only thing that I know of that speeds up the process is to wait until they are way too old for diapers then it's pretty easy. I have not had the best experiences with potty training. Good Luck! Jennie

Jim & Tomi said...

Ginger I love the pictures of the "bloomer" plastic pants. I think I need to start a blog so I can tell about my days with the grandkids. Potty training at my house while babysitting was most interesting! Keep trying. I don't know of many kids that don't get it by kindergarten- ha ha. Love - Mom

Grandma Shauna said...

Hey Ginger,

Want some pointers from Aunt Shauna? Put her diapers back on and forget about it. In my old age I say "why stress?". Your little girls are so cute! Lucy looks like a mini Andy where she's sitting on the couch. Isn't this blog stuff fun? I'd start one but I have two problems. First I am computer stupid and second I would only be able to send pictures of Dave and I watching Fox News -- cuz that's as exciting as it gets.
Love, Aunt Shauna

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Amen to what my mom says...Just wait til they're tired of sitting in their dirty diapers and they'll do it.
I remember, Tanner had a fun little pop-up book about potty training and I was so excited and read it to him thinking it was gonna be so easy...Well the next day when we went to read that book all the pop-up potties had been ripped out? Hmm...wonder who did that? Tanner was 3 1/2 before he was potty trained and we lived to tell the story!

natalie said...

O.K. Ginger so the picture of Lucy sitting on the couch, I wanted to reach through the screen and pick her up. So Cute!!! Unlike everyone else here we were very fortunate in this department. I didn't have to train either of my kids. Abigail just woke up one day and did it and never wet the bed since and Carter wanted to play basketball and I told him basketball players didn't wear diapers and he never wore a diaper again. So my advice is what everyone else says because I haven't had to deal with the challenge yet. I do know that all of these ladies are way more qualified to be mothers and so always take their advice. Love Ya!!