CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Nice Night for the Foo's


In case you missed it or your dvr failed to record it cause you have 28 episodes of "The Office" in there that you just can't seem to delete, the Foo's had yet another successful night at the Grammy Awards. They picked up 2 Grammy's, one for best rock perfomance, and another for best rock album, and were nominated for countless other awards but were robbed by a 67 year old Jazz musician, and a whacked out female Brit vocalist. Could someone please explain Amy Whinehouse to me cause I just don't get it. The highlight of the show was however, the performance of the signature rock band of our time, accompanied by a full orchestra with arrangements by John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin). Check out the performance on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jZxBcg5-uA
Even the hardest rockers have their moments of tenderness, when Dave and the boys were accepting the award for best rock album he thanked his daughter Violet who inspired him to write the record (aah cute).
Posted by Andy...

3 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Yay, you figured it out. Way to go. I'm a total celebrity junky, so I'm always up for a good awards show. I did watch the Grammy's but I felt it was definitely "soul" night if you know what I mean.

Thomas said...

Well I don't really care about the whole celebrity thing. But I do love Foo Fighters. They have some great stuff! Thanks for the update on the "premiere rock band of our time." I missed the grammys but way to go Foo Fighters.

-Tom

Erin said...

Those Foo Fighters look kinda like dirt bags...
-posted by mark