CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Trek

Me and Andy were VERY privileged to go on a Pioneer Trek to Martin's Cove a couple weeks ago. What an amazing experience it was. We were a Ma and Pa to 6 amazing youth in our ward and were so impressed really with all of the youth that went.



It rained the entire time and since we could only bring 2 outfits and pajamas, it was a rare thing to be dry. We walked through mud that was at least up past my knees (I have short legs) but all I heard from my cute girls was, "I can't believe the pioneers walked through 18 inches of snow!"




The second night was especially cold. We had a couple girls borderline hypothermia and we could see a tornado in the distance so, needless to say, there was talk of going home. We had a fearless leader, Tyler Holland. I keep telling people how comparable he was to Joseph Smith, in that he asked that we endure and he had us stay no matter how difficult, and he had more reason than anyone to go home because his wife just had a baby the day before we left. And though at times I may have doubted the decisions he made, he was right every time. If we had left early it would not have made near the impact it made on the youth or myself. Thank you so much Brother Holland. I will never doubt you again!



I had so much fun having Andy there. He was the life of the party- at least for me! We danced like we've never danced before, we worked together harder than we have before, and we felt the spirit together in a way we've never felt before.



I will never forget this experience and what an awesome sacrifice the pioneers went through so they could worship and be a true representative of Christ. I'm so proud of our youth and how strong they are. I just barely got a plate of cookies from some of the young women that went on trek, and it seems each day they show even more what sweet and amazing women they are and will be.




I was asked just before trek to be the Young Women's President and quite honestly, I am completely humbled by the call. I am so excited and at the same time feel so inadequate. I'm afraid they will be the ones teaching me. I love each of them so much and I've decided I'm going to do the very best that's in me because they deserve nothing less. So anyways - if you wouldn't mind keeping me in your prayers over the next few years I would greatly appreciate it!

5 comments:

Tom and Annie said...

Wow Ging!!! I am so jealous! I want to go on trek. AND you are going to be an aWeSoMe president! Loving the girls is the best start you could have--miss ya : )

Anonymous said...

G, you will be awesome! The amazing thing about callings is that you learn from those you have stewardship over, as much or more as they learn from you. It's like teaching a lesson--you always get more out of it than the class. Just have fun--you will be incredible with the YW. Love ya--and will pray for you.

Reeses Pieces said...

I went on Trek too and absolutely loved it. I never got to go as a youth so I'm so glad I had the oppurtunity.

Congrats on the new calling. I'm not gonna lie it's so time consuming and hard at times but so absolutely worth it. If I can do it anybody can.

RyanandHailee said...

Wow!! What an experience! Thats awesome! They couldn't have found a better periosn than you! I totally have no doubt you will do a great job!

Unknown said...

I'm glad I found your blog...how darling.