
Did you like my little disappearing act?! I certainly need a faster connection... that's all I can say in my defense. But one that's free!
Lot's of things have been going on, I just am slacker when it comes to writing about them! Summer was fun, I had all my family in town, which is pretty rare and always way fun! To those siblings that abandoned me, I love you guys and hope you will one day come to your senses and move back! I always go through spouts of gloominess when you go, so let's just stop doing that by packing up and even moving in with the parents if you must! I'm just glad one of you finally gave in! Thanks Em!
It was a bittersweet visit this time though. As I'm sure many of you know, and a few of you also experienced. My sweet rambunctious Grandma passed away this summer. I don't like to think about it too much, it's still hard to imagine that's she's really gone. She was so full of life and excitement that I somehow imagined her out living all of us. It surprised me how uplifting and, in a way, fun her funeral was. It was like a celebration of her life, and though I cried a ton, I laughed too. She was always having fun and learning and I hope my life will resemble hers. I only regret if she didn't know how much I loved her and that she meant so much to me. The experience was a life lesson for me. People are in fact fragile and you never know when you're going to lose someone you love.
Preschool started and I have 2 way darling classes! Gracie gets to do preschool twice each time, and she's so busy having fun that she still can't always remember what she learned about that day! But she sure takes her work seriously. She does her papers perfectly and is an excellent student and is so sweet with all the other kids. Okay- I'm bragging. She's just the best daughter ever! I'm very proud of her.
Lucy is in the potty phase!! AAAAHH! It's like a recurring nightmare!! I'm not taking it on in the slightest cause she is way too young, but she keeps taking all of her clothes off randomly throughout the day and she loves to sit on the potty! Crap! (What a nasty reality.) Maybe she just likes to be naked or something. She is miss independent so I know the minute I try to step in and get her trained, she will either completely hate it or start going everywhere but the toilet just to get me riled up. She enjoys that these days. How can she be the cutest thing on the planet one minute and then be little demon the next? She loves to take pencils, dry-erase markers, whatever she can get, and casually walk down the hall, like she's doing such a clever thing by marking where's she's been. I wish everyone could see her little facial expressions. She's like a mime using just her face.

I must say it's so fun having girls! We have sleepovers in their tent in the front room and tea parties in our dress-ups and even the daily melt downs are often times hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have boys, it's just been a fun situation.
I love that I don't blog forever and then I write a novel that I would take one look at and think, okay- I'm not reading that! Oh well. I hope you all are doing well and one day, when I get free super fast internet, I will get totally caught up in the world of blogging!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
TADAH!
Posted by G-Dawg and the Fam at 10:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Thanks for catching us up! Lucy and Gracie are the cutest girls ever...
Sorry about your dear grandma! It's hard to lose someone who's been in your life since you were born! Gracie is a doll! I wish she were at Teacher Pat's! Ha ha And Lucy . . . she writes on walls too? My little Levi . . . grumble, grumble . . . gotta love him!
Holy cow I didn't realize until I looked at that pic how big your family has really gotten. Isn't it crazy that we're all Mom's and so responsible now. Whenever I think of Grandma it's the same for me, it just doesn't seem very real. I loved being home for her funeral though. I had a wonderful time with all my Peck clan celebrating her life.
Good to see you are still alive and well. It was fun to see you this summer, even if it was for a very unfortunate reason. You sure have a darling little family. Your girls could be models!
I haven't seen you for so long, it feels like we live in different states. I'm glad your preschool is doing well. Your girls are darling as ever.
Post a Comment