CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Potty-Trained... Poopdee-Doo!

So first of all, before I explain the title, me and Gracie went on a mommy daughter date with our friends Deja and Monique. We had a blast! We saw the real princesses and all the other Disney pets and it was just about the most incredible thing ever! But really, I did not expect Gracie to be quite as into as she was.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgjbv9ctfP6GUcyW_TDzNzFSy2XiQ0dmtfWwkGYFUVHHOX4IVHjaZobqNIsUIHLqpsfNMtx0BliMu_c6fMrHrTLn8TZANyXzCUFkSgh1ffotrot9ci9xhBV0wsRqBFdBPXRckepRZ3OdzHJ/s1600-h/DSCF0685.JPG">


The grand finale was equipped with all the characters and fireworks. I think she was impressed. She was screaming for joy and just couldn't even believe her eyes! I was the same way, but from watching her. It was so fun to see her get so into and have so much fun with me and not at my expense! Which brings me to my title explanation...



I'm in the kitchen today attempting to create a tinkerbell dress-up, which for me is stressful, not fun. My oh so talented sister talked me into it, trust me, not my idea. Gracie is in the bathroom flushing the toilet, cause she's supposedly "potty-trained" (I swear there's no such thing for this girlfriend). So I go in there to check things out cause she's taking some time. I open the door and my fake french cobblestone bathroom floor is covered in a dark chocolate colored spackle. It reeked, it was crumbly, it was stuck, it was out of a nightmare! I don't even want to know how it got all over the place. SICK!!! I should have sensed things weren't going my way when she peed her pants in Ann Taylor Loft at the Gateway on Saturday. I think that grossed some people out too cause Seth puked about five minutes later (in the same store mind you). Poor Ann Taylor girl! I tell you what, I'm up for a trade if anyone wants to have a go at this dilemma. I love my Gracie like crazy, but man, she is sure having a good time getting to me lately! I tell her come here, she sprints in the opposite direction. The louder and sterner I say it, the faster she runs and the more she laughs. I tell her to put her shoes on, she's throws them across the room with a big grin on her face. I try to put her in time out in her bedroom and she says, "I want to say sorry! I want to say sorry!" and does the same thing as soon as I'm not looking. I keep telling her Santa won't bring her toys, but will bring her dirty rocks if she's not a good girl. She just looks at me with an innocent smile and says, "I'm a good girl mommy". All I can say is it's a good thing she's cute! If anyone has any 2 1/2 year old pointers for me, PLEASE!! I would LOVE THEM!! Other than that, life is fabulous.

7 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Oh no, the joys of having kids and being a mother. This all sounds way too familiar.

Teej and Jenn said...

Oh my GOSH! How come you didn't tell us this at Bunko? I have cleaned up my fair share of POOP & it is not fun. All I can say is every one does go through it. There is not such thing as an angel child at this age.

Angie said...

Ginger, I saw your blog on the Spencer's and loved seeing how big your girls are getting. They are adorable! We miss seeing you guys. Abby said the funniest thing the other day. She was talking to one of her little friend and said "I have a grown-up friend. She was my back door neighbor in Utah." It was so cute. I had forgotten just how much she loved you and how sweet you were to her. Good to see your blog.

Anonymous said...

I had someone once tell me that I just didn't sound like I meant it when I got mad--it just wasn't in me. I have a hard time picturing you with a stern voice. Anyway, I don't think volume makes any difference. The only thing I can suggest is finding a consequence that fits and sticking to it. Good luck.
Your girls are both darling--you are doing a wonderful job with them--so don't get discouraged.

Emily said...

The tinkerbell was SO your idea! Remember, I offered to make it for you. I love how vivid you made your story. It really made me feel as if I was right there cleaning up the poop again. Man, I'm so glad to be out of that stage for a while. If it's any consolation, my second was worse than my first! I love ya, G! You make me laugh.
Emmers

kelsey said...

You're so funny. I know that Gracie pooping all over the place wasn't very funny at the time but man you tell is very funny. Good luck with getting her completely trained.

lovell said...

Ginger I feel your pain. I can't seem to get porter potty trained. I've tried everything. I told him Santa won't bring him any toys and he dosen't really seem to care. If you find a way that works let me know. Porter is 3. What am I doing wrong. I wish you the best of luck. I hope he tries to go at preschool. Please let me know if he dosen't