CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Boo to Lu and You



We are still alive! Lucy just had her 1st Birthday last week! Happy Birthday to Lu, we all sure love you! She liked eating the frosting off her cake, but she didn't quite get the cake part. Oh well. And though I opened her presents, she liked getting them! Gracie especially liked her getting them. She figured it was happy birthday to her too since she has used her toys a tad more than Lucy, so far. But thank you so much to our wonderful family that came and our wonderful family that sent gifts and love. (that includes the Mehler family)





Here's Giesha me and Joker dressed as a nurse Andy (you'd have to have seen the movie to get it) dressed for Tracy's fun Halloween party. We always have so much fun- thanks Tracy! And to the family members not present, we missed you!!



Halloween was fun this year, cause I actually had a legit excuse to go trick or treating! Me and Gracie went to a couple houses in our neighborhood, then we packed up and hit the Greenwoods neighborhood and scored some delicious doughnuts and dinner. Thanks Greenwoods! When we got the girls to bed at 10, I was all pumped and ready to watch a spooky Halloween show and eat some of Gracie's candy. But the old man said it was time for bed and so lights were out at 10:15. I'm not crazy enough to watch a scary show by myself! It was good to get to bed early though. Thanks Andy for your practicality. I think I would be a zombie right now if you didn't love to sleep so much! I love ya!


Lucy was a duck, or if you prefer, a chicken. I myself am not sure which this hand-me-down bird is. This is what Gracie was her 1st Halloween and Lucy, okay I, decided that's what she wanted to be.


Gracie wanted to be a purple kitty, but she was a good sport and settled for a white and pink one. I must say she could make a roadkill costume look cute!

And on a side note, we discovered the secret to potty training!! Halloween Candy! (I wish I could type that to sound like how Oprah announces her fabulous suprises) It was so worth it to her to be able to pick whatever random candy she wanted. I feel like I've drugged her with sugar some days though, so we've tried to tone it down a notch. I was just so thrilled she was excited to go that I didn't even care she was trying to go every ten minutes! YAY GRACIE!! It's not 100% yet, but I tell ya, this time has been a pleasure.


Hope you all had a most excellent Halloween!!

8 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

I'm glad to see you're still alive. Looks like you had a great party and Halloween. I love the costumes. Oh and I love the Joker costume Andy wore to Tracy's party. I saw that pic on Aaron's blog. Way funny!

jennifer said...

Those kids are just adorable! I loved that you dressed up...that looks like so much fun!

Adam said...

The joker has a gut!

lovell said...

you are so cute. Your costumes are darling. I can't belive your little one is already one years old. We seriously need to get together very soon

lindsey v said...

Such cute pictures! Gracie's age is seriously so much fun with Halloween... even if they only want to go to 3 houses.

I saw that you are reading Angela's Ashes. I suggested it once for my bookclub and I was so embarrassed about all the swearing in it. Swearing doesn't really bother me too much (when I'm reading, I just skim over them) but the Relief Society president was in the club. Woopsie! But I ended up liking the book anyway.

Matt and Mindy said...

oh my your little family is just too cute!! Happy birthday to Lucy--I can't believe she's already a year old! So glad Jack and I got to see you guys last month...especially since we couldn't make it to the Halloween party.

Anonymous said...

You are always so cute. Your kids are darling--happy birthday to Lucy. I bet you are the best preschool teacher. You are just so full of fun.

RyanandHailee said...

So cute I love it all! The girls are getting so big! I can't believe that lucy is 1 year now! What the heck happened to time! You are such a cute mommy!