CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Holidays

I hope everyone had wonderful holidays!
We had a pretty good time I must say!

Christmas Eve was pretty low key. We had a nice dinner with a whole chicken, homemade rolls and jello (which any meal with more than an entree is a big deal at our house). Then we had our annual Christmas story puppet show, that Lucy was so not into. And finished it off with opening PJ's and eating ice cream sundaes.


On Christmas, Gracie was in heaven opening gifts. She didn't care who they were for or even what was inside, she just wanted to open them all. Lucy was the opposite. We tried to make her open some and she just cried. She just wanted to play with the ones already open. I guess I missed out on that saving opportunity! Gracie got her mermaid barbie and mermaid movie that she asked for, and a bunch more. Lucy got her tinkerbell barbie and tinkerbell movie that Gracie asked for her, and a bunch more. I got Rockband 2 for our Wii and got a raincheck for Wii Fit! Andy got some clothes, badmitten and a goatee trimmer. Ya, I think I took the cake for getting the most fun gifts! I think I'll have Andy do the Christmas shopping from now on!



Then we had Grandma and Grandpa come over for Breakfast and naps. They got us a trip to Disneyland for Christmas!! We are soooooo excited!! It makes the holidays being over a good thing, instead of depressing. We had fun seeing them attempt to rock out on our new game. They also got us an awesome game called Raving Rabbids that is hilarious and I highly recommend it. We always have fun when they come over! Thanks you two!!

The next day we tried on our snow gear and Gracie and I went out and played in the 4 feet of snow we had in our backyard. We built a snow fort, a house for Sasha and a snowman and played ring-a-round the rosies, slid down the stairs and to my surprise, Gracie was done playing before I was!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjW6IruNSZMlpXT1VV8a33ZSaEw2HpKc9NjP0QFVniLmw3_1_kmUT21njtScSDF_v9KoA_FkbitzwiYObl5UFd-e1x-VPMQ5t_ZSmjGqcZq6QVPZwml84W-YClLELxr8aQxI2zNfIq9yWzZ/s1600-h/DSCF0714.JPG">

New Year's Eve we put the girls to bed at my parent's and they let us take off to see a movie. It's always so fun to go out anywhere, especially when going out usually means going to Walmart with your kids screaming at you the whole time. We loved it! And at midnight we woke-up the girls and on the drive home we got to see all kinds of fireworks. It was great!



New Year's Day we had Grandma Brenda, Grandpa Rob and Uncle Adam over for lunch. They're always a huge hit at our house. We had a great time playing games and eating and watching a show and eating. We love having them over!

I must say we missed seeing cute Grandma Trudi and Grandpa Hal this year, but hopefully we'll get to see them soon! Hope you both are doing well! We love you!

Last night I promised Gracie that we would sleep in her little tent and watch a show. With that said, I am very tired this morning and will be surprised if any of this post makes sense! I'm very grateful for beds!

Good luck to you all in 2009! Hope we all come out on top this new year!

10 comments:

Matt and Mindy said...

Such cute pictures! Your girls get more adorable all the time. So glad we got to see you while we were in town, just wish we got to do it more often!

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a great time over Christmas! Your girls are so adorable.

Erin said...

Looks like you guys had fun, sorry I missed the party Friday, I'm glad it was exciting though. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon!

lindsey v said...

Looks like you had fun holidays. I soo want Wii Fit! Maybe I'll have to come try it out one day.

Your girlies are so cute! We definitely need to do something soon.

Reeses Pieces said...

The pics of your parents are hillarious. I think my Mom and Dad felt about the same way.

I love Rockband!

Anonymous said...

Ginger Palmer!!! Hey! It's me, Abbie...from Ricks. :) I was thinking about you guys the other day and decided to google you to see what I could find. Wahla!! I'm so excited I found you! Your girls are adorable! Our blog is condiesgoberserk.blogspot.com or you can email me at condiefamily@gmail.com Can't wait to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. You had a wonderful Christmas. I am so glad we get to see you now and again. It is fun to watch your beautiful girls grow up. Love ya.

lovell said...

Cute pictures. I've been missing reading your blog. I'm excited to talk to you on Friday. Porter is loving preschool your so cute Miss Ginger. We love you

RyanandHailee said...

Sound like you had a great holiday season! See you soon

natalie said...

Like Nicole I love the pictures of your parents. I feel like that's what all of our parents do when they come to visit us. Either they are way bored or they just feel comfortable at my house. I hope it's the second.