I keep forgetting to take my camera with me places, and I don't love to post without a picture. I know it probably appears like I don't blog so often because I'm way too busy with all my fabulous goings on but, sadly, that's not the case.
Though we did have a great 4th of July! Here's some of our favorite people in the world on the teetor-totter at the Mehler's:
Pat, Landrie, Gracie and Ashlie
So we started the festivities on the 3rd with a tasty BBQ at the cute Greenwoods. After, everyone came to our house for dessert, and then the fun Mark and Erin rented a projector, so we pitched our tents out in their back yard and watched Night at the Museum outside. Gracie keeps telling me, "Dum Dum I want some gum gum". We slept over in the tent (though my diva husband bailed for his cushy bed and his air conditioned and sprinkler-free bedroom at 2 am) and had a delicious breakfast in the morning. Then we went to Pat's and had a fabulous BBQ, the kids played in the pool, I schooled them all in cards, Andy thinks he schooled them in badmitten, and we did fireworks. We went to see the big fireworks afterwards, but they'd already started so I just sat on the side strip of grass next to my car, instead of searching for prime seats. Then Ashlie decided she'd had enough of the so called extravaganza and bolted out of my moving vehicle, ran through the street dodging traffic, and hopped in with some random driver going the opposite direction. AH! I was like, you could of just told me to take you home Ash! She just couldn't take one more second I guess.
Andy couldn't either, but his excuse was that he had to pick up my parents from the airport. Poor things had to come home at 10:30 pm from a Scandanavian Cruise. We're so glad they're back! They're the ones that got the prime seats for the fire works!
But we really had a great time. Thanks so much Mehler family for thinking of us and always letting us crash your parties! We always have so much fun with you! You are family to us! We love you guys!
(And I guess Ashlie really knew the guy and it was stopped traffic, so I just maybe exaggerated a teensy - and she really loves us I know. She was being nice and saving us time and gas by getting this guy "friend" to take her home, so thanks Ash! I just had to make things a tad more exciting.)
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
4th of July Extravaganza
Posted by G-Dawg and the Fam at 12:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Seriously I really though someone had taken our Ash forever!! j/k She is crazy like that.. Gees what did you do to her.. :)
How fun that sounds like you guys had a great time!
Oh I hate when I forget my camera. I haven't see a teeter totter forever. I used to love those.
I was thinking that about the teeter-totter too. I want one!!
Ginger! I love seeing your blog and your so cute family! Gotta love the blogging world! I actually ran into Emily at Ikea last week, it was fun to see her and her adorable kids. Sounds like such a fun 4th but how could it not be with Pat and Ash involved, love those guys and you! www.happyhodges.blogspot.com
Ginger, you are our family. So you are never crashing anything. Just because we don't share the same DNA doesn't mean you're not family!
We love you guys.
Looks like you had so much fun. Pat and Ashlee look and it sounds like act just the same as they always have--fun and crazy. I like camping in a yard--available bathrooms, can move inside if you want--though the sprinklers can be a nuisance. Love ya, TJ
P.S. I'm glad your MOM and DAD are home too.
What a fun thing to do. I should have my family over for alittle camp out. Lunch was fun. We need to get together more often.
Post a Comment