
So the above is a cloth diaper. Yes they still make them and no I have not purchased one, with that title. I have purchased about 30 pairs of the un-padded, unprotected, unforgiving underwear, that have somehow taken the place of these so dreaded cloth diapers. I tell you what- they are looking pretty good right now.
I have given up potty he** officially for the second time. After Gracie completely soaked through my supposed, stain proof, waterproof mattress pad this afternoon- I slapped on one of the Lucy diapers and never looked back. (I guess that's proof there's no proof.)
No amount of M&M's, prizes, praises, potty parties, or cold showers can crack this little nut of mine. Oh no no. She's in it for the long haul. She's proven once again that she is the boss. For some reason I have this idea in my head that I am the mom so therefore I get to tell her what to do and when to do it. A long time dream of mine, being the youngest. I guess that is just not the case. Lesson learned.
Gracie, you stay in those diapers until your 5 for all I care. More power to ya. Just don't come crying to me when you get bum rash.
But really do! I couldn't love anything more than I love my little nut! I just really loathe potty training.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
A Nut in a Rut
Posted by G-Dawg and the Fam at 10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
G don't worry! Potty training isn't a real favorite on anyones list. Just relax. Gracie will get it when she's really ready. At least she isn't just running around naked like her mom used to when she'd wet. It was like - I'm wet guess I take these clothes off and keep playing. This too will pass! Love - Mom
Good old potty training. We are off and on with Paul, we are not pushing it yet. He does however likes to pee on the carpet, he know what he is doing and just laughs! We really should get the girls back together. It was good to see Ash on your blog! How is she doing? I'm glad you found me again!
Sorry about the potty training woes! When I worked in preschool we potty trained kids all the time (and they were all much older than Gracie) Not that I'm any kind of expert, but if it makes you feel better, when those kids got it they got it fast--like one day they'd have three accidents and the next they'd be potty trained. My mom tells me I was about four when I finally decided I was ready--yikes. Mindy
PS I use all-in-one cloth diapers for Jack and trust me--they aren't our parents cloth diapers--they're great.
Potty training is seriously something I have no advice on, except for just waiting till they're older. I have no idea how my kids are potty trained. Maybe I have just blocked that part of my memory out because it was so horrible.
I am with you, wait until she is begging you to go pee on the potty. Then we will see who the boss is!!! It really is them, its just nice to hope it's us parents
You seriously are just the cutest mommy ever! I am sorry about the defeat, but hang in there, when she is ready I am sure it will be a sinch :)
Post a Comment