CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Changes

As you can see I changed our blog. The Palmer Piggies are no more. Andy didn't so much like the fact that he was grouped in with a pink blog and piggie title. I finally caved when he couldn't bring himself to add anything to the blog the other day. So maybe now we'll hear more from Andy. Who knows.


And in other less obvious news, I am potty training Gracie again! My favorite thing ever! Though I must say it is less painful this time. I ran out of diapers and I couldn't bring myself to buy anymore so we said goodbye to diapers completely. But she had a potty control issue going on so now I'm spending that money on this whole elaborate prize method. Lovely. Let me break it down (cause I sometimes forget so it will be good for me to write it out). If she tries when I ask her and she doesn't go then she gets one M&M for trying; if she tries, when I ask, and she goes, she gets two; if she tells me she needs to go and she goes, then she gets to pick a small prize (stickers or a bracelet) and two M&M's; and if she stays dry for 2 hours she get a big prize (like a dollar store toy). And if she goes a whole day and night without accidents she gets to pick out some sheets. I must admit, she sometimes goes over and over just so she can get her M&M fix. And though it's fun for her now, little does she know! She's going to be expecting prizes everytime, but if she doesn't get this soon, like by the time I run out of prizes, she's getting cold showers if she has accidents! It's summer, sort of, she can handle it right? Fortunately she's figured out the number 2 thing- YAY! She just can't quite get the wet part- boo. So hopefully we won't get to the cold shower phase because I may not have the heart to do it. But I've heard it works and if I get desperate, who knows!



And poor, little Lucy is trying so hard to get up and get around. She gets on her hands and knees and revs up, but just can't pull the trigger. I'm totally fine with her being immobile, but I just see the frustration in her eyes (and her whole face in this picture) at not being able to go anywhere. Poor little chubber! She's almost there! Maybe by the end of the day she'll get it. Who knows.
And...


Gracie can Read!


Lucy, "She doesn't know how to read. What's going on here?"

10 comments:

kstone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy and Kody said...

I can't believe Lucie is almost crawling. Hudson is almost 7 months and he just started rolling over and sitting up. different personalities i guess.

lindsey v said...

I can't believe you're already potty training! It is the hardest!! I guess I did it with Elli when she was 2 1/2-ish. I think the thing that clicked with Elli was when I explained when she felt it coming out to hold it in or make it stop coming out. And after a few accidents she realized that she could make it stop. Cause I think they just think once it's coming they just have to let it all come out. With Ben, I just waited until he was 3 1/2 and it was easy as pie.

natalie said...

Oh the potty training thing-I am so sorry my dear. I laugh just imagining you giving Gracie a cold shower. Not at the fact of her getting a cold shower but at nice, little miss you trying to do so. I pray Gracie gets it down a.s.a.p for your sanity and her horrible childhood memory. She will tell everyone how she still hates the shower when she's 16 years old. GOOD LUCK!

Cassie Peck said...

Uh Oh! Let hope Gracie can make it!
GOOD LUCK!

Reeses Pieces said...

Ginger, you're so funny. I love the way you write. I can just see you telling someone the story in person. Good luck potty training. The method sounds good to me. Not paying for diapers is the best!

kelsey said...

Good luck with the potty training thing. In a few years I'll need some advice. Oh, i left the cd of pictures at my moms house. She is going to give it to you at grandpas party next week.

lovell said...

Love how you changed your blog. It looks very cute. Look how cute your girls look! Hey when your doing potty training Gracie come on over and I will let you work on Porter. I can't stand potty training. It has to be the worst thing ever.

RyanandHailee said...

You are such a cute mommy! What good ideas for potty training. I will have to remember those for sure :) Good Luck

Teej and Jenn said...

Your girls are so stinkin' cute. Just give it time Gracie will decide when it is time to do the potty training. I wish it was up to the parent.